Raíces Cultural Center needs YOUR support.
Over the past year we have focused on raising and facilitating donations for our PR Sustainable Disaster Relief Initiative, which so many of our generous family, friends and neighbors supported. As the first phase of our relief and recovery support work comes to a close, Raíces is seeking donations to raise funds for our work back in our home community in Central NJ.
Our year-end fundraising drive begins today, “Giving Tuesday”, and ends on New Year’s Eve. We have a goal of $5,000, which will help a number of Raíces programs to flourish. Most of our work is volunteer, with a few small grants for project support, equipment and supplies and a wee bit of staffing funds for our Digital Archive so we can continue to keep it growing! Donations from our family, friends, followers and community members help strengthen these programs and allow Raíces to continue on our mission of preserving cultural roots through the arts, history and ecology.
What will your donation support?
Here are just a few projects, programs and initiatives that your donations will help to support as we move into 2019:
- Post-production work on our documentary “Relief, Recovery & Resilience: Reflection on Hurricane María and her Aftermath.”
- Sharing of arts and cultural traditions throughout Central NJ in concerts, workshops, classes and documentation in our Digital Archive.
- Creation of a monthly youth eco-culture program.
- Support for the Raíces Cultural Center student ensemble.
- Construction and installation of bee boxes in our apiculture initiative.
- Creation of economic opportunities for public historians and researchers through the Raíces Digital Archive.
- Equipment needed to launch an oral history project about herbal healers from diverse cultures.
- Creation of an urban regenerative agriculture micro-farm demonstration site which will be documented and shared with the public through our digital archive and website.
We cannot do the work we do without the generous support of our community. As a 501(c)3, your donations are fully tax deductible. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
As a thank you, we are offering gifts for donors at the various pre-set levels. All gifts are related to Raíces program areas and initiatives. We will contact you regarding your gift by email. Thanks again for your generous support!
- $5 – Packet of Day of the Dead Marigold seeds
- $10 – “Water Is Life” sticker & Marigold seeds
- $25 – “Water Is Life” t-shirt, sticker & Marigold seeds
- $50 – 2lb jar of local honey, “Water Is Life” sticker & Marigold seeds
- $75 – 2lb jar of local honey, “Water Is Life” T-shirt & sticker & Marigold seeds
- $100 – 8″ x 10″ print of any Raíces Cultural Center owned image from the Raíces Digital Archive or an herbal kit from our upcoming 2019 season
- $200 – DVD of the upcoming Raíces documentary “Relief, Recovery & Resilience: Reflections on Hurricane María & her Aftermath”
- $500 – In home screening of “Relief, Recovery & Resilience: Reflections on Hurricane María & her Aftermath”. Directors of the film will be present to speak at the screening if within a 40 mile radius of our homebase, or skype in for the screening if you live further away!
- $1,000 – Private small group lesson in dance or drum or 2 private small group eco-culture workshops PLUS print of your choice from “Water Is Life” exhibit series, Water Is Life T-shirt & sticker
- $5,000 – 10 private lessons in arts & culture (drum or dance) or eco-culture (sustainable living course) PLUS all gifts mentioned above
Give through our Facebook Fundraiser and have zero fees taken out for processing. You will still be eligible for a donor gift, just send us an email at email@example.com to let us know you gave through Facebook so that we can contact you about getting your gift to you.
Thank you for your support!