Raíces EcoCulture recently became coordinators of the Livingston Community Gardens in collaboration with the Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Middlesex County, in addition to the seven organic micro farm plots we will be planting for our second year. We are looking forward to sowing our seeds and extending our branches even further, but we need a helping hand!
We just found out that the Hudson Valley Seed Library is accepting nominations for seed donations to community gardening projects. The DEADLINE is FRIDAY, but the more nominations an organization receives by then, the more seeds will be donated. If you have few extra minutes, please check out their site and send a nomination here:
- Here’s the basic info to help you along
Organization Name: Raíces Cultural Center
Organization Contact: Nicole Wines or Francisco G. Gómez
Organization Email: email@example.com
Our Address: PO Box 5701, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
What we would do with a seed donation:
- Use them in educational programs on seed starting and seed saving in schools and throughout our community
- Add variety to the plants in our seven garden plots, and hopefully expand the plots
- Donate part of the produce grown from the seeds to Elijah’s Promise and A Better World Cafe
- Create pollinator-friendly plots with flowers and herbs at our community garden sites
- Expand our school garden run in collaboration with Middle Earth in Bound Brook
- Support beginner gardeners in community plots at the Livingston Community Gardens and the East Brunswick Community Gardens
- Establish a community seed library, set to launch in 2014
Please tell them in your own words why you think they should donate to us. Thank you for your time and support!