Raíces EcoCulture is growing! In the last year, we have started up a local and regional seed library, and this coming growing season we are expanding from our 7 micro farm plots to a 2-acre small farm site only 10 miles from our home base. We are excited to have the opportunity to grow and supply fresh, local, chemical-free food to our community and to our friends at A Better World Cafe and Elijah’s Promise, to experiment with different sustainable growing methods from a variety of cultures and to reserve a section of our harvest to grow seeds for our expanding seed library.
We are excited for all the latest developments, but we will need the help and support of our community to make our projects thrive. YOU can start, by giving less than 5 minutes of your time to nominate us for a seed donation from the Hudson Valley Seed Library. Last year, the nominations by our friends, family and supporters allowed us to receive 50 packets of non-GMO seed for our programs. This season, with hundreds of times more land to cultivate and a growing membership in our seed library, we need all the seed donations we can get!
Please take a few minutes to nominate Raíces for a seed donation for the 2014 growing season and share the link of this blog post through email and social media to help spread the word and help Raíces receive a larger seed donation for our seed library and new 2-acre farm. The deadline for nominations is January 31st so there is time to get the word out far and wide! The more nominations our organization receives by then, the more seed will be donated to us!
Send in your nomination here:
- Here’s the basic info to help you along
Organization Name: Raíces Cultural Center
Organization Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Address: PO Box 5701, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
What we would do with a seed donation:
- Distribute to seed library members for them to plant for seed harvest and help us expand our seed library offerings
- Increase variety of the plants we grow for our CSA and donations to A Better World Cafe and Elijah’s Promise
- Use them in educational programs on seed starting and seed saving in schools and throughout our community
- Make our eco-farm pollinator-friendly with flowers and herbs that feed them
- Expand our school garden run in collaboration with Middle Earth in Bound Brook
- Support beginner gardeners in community plots at the Livingston Community Gardens and the East Brunswick Community Gardens
- Expand our community seed library
Please tell them in your own words why you think they should donate to us. Thank you for your time and support!